Supreme Steel is currently looking for quality driven, experienced Metal Fabricators (Structural Steel Plate Fitters) of all levels to join our production team at our Bridge Division in Edmonton, AB. These are full time unionized positions for both day and night shift. The Metal Fabricators are responsible for the layout, assembly and fitting of steel sections and plate to complete assemblies using tack welding, bolting and other methods. Successful candidates for these positions must be conscientious, capable of interpreting all types of drawings with minimum supervision and promote a safe work environment.
Preferred Metal Fabricator (Fitter) candidates will possess the following attributes:
- Extensive metal fabrication experience with structural steel projects
- Experience fabricating bridges is considered an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge and adherence to safety procedures
- Ability to read and interpret drawings
- Ability to operate shop tools, grinders, drills, oxy fuel cutting torch
- Ability to take direction and perform with minimum supervision
- Journeyperson / Red Seal Certificate or AIT Apprentice Certificate preferred
- CWB certification considered an asset
Supreme Steel offers a competitive wage and benefit package as per the collective agreement.
Successful candidates will be required to pass pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing, as well as Physical Fitness to Work Mobility Testing as a condition of their employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates identified for further consideration will be contacted.
Closing Date: 28/02/2023
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Tessa Nicholls at firstname.lastname@example.org