Supreme Steel LP is currently looking for a safety conscious, team-oriented Plant Superintendent to join the production team at our facility in Edmonton, AB. This position is responsible for the strategic fabrication planning and execution efforts to facilitate safe, efficient, and quality product delivery from the facility. The Shop Superintendent will be an individual who can successfully navigate the project fabrication cycle to anticipate change, plan resources, execute work, deliver within budget and schedule, drive safety and quality programs, and close out contracts successfully.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Directly manage the Foremen, shop crew leads and unionized personnel
- Developing production and project specific execution plans
- Supporting group wide estimates and bid planning
- Managing various aspects of production planning including support for material and inventory planning
- Manage manpower to meet current and upcoming production requirements to run the plant efficiently
- Demonstrates strong current knowledge of Local Labour Relations agreements and related requirements, standards and procedures
- Have sound knowledge of the complexities of fabricating and welding large complex structures
This position demands an individual who understands and can enhance the product lifecycle of steel fabrication, supplementing the other stakeholders in optimizing product delivery. Having proven experience in a steel bridge or metal fabrication facility, the successful candidate will also possess the following attributes:
• 7-10 years direct experience in bridge production or fabrication, including planning / scheduling, production controls, and/or project management
• 5 years in a supervisory position, able to lead and guide production personnel to solutions
• Journeyperson certification in a relevant trade will be considered, coupled with a demonstrated aptitude towards improvement of production techniques, either through LEAN training certification, or an equivalency
• Professional drive, seeking on-time delivery of product to customers
• Change Management skills, anticipating upcoming challenges and navigating a path through them
• Strong computer / software skills, able to use production scheduling (MRP) databases, excel, and optimize the reporting capabilities of the position.
Supreme Steel LP offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefit package and RRSP plan as well as a great learning environment and the opportunity for career advancement.
Closing Date: 25/05/2022
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at SG.firstname.lastname@example.org