Supreme Steel is currently looking for a motivated and highly efficient individual to join our team in the position of Project Coordinator at our office in Saskatoon, SK.
This is an amazing developmental opportunity for an outgoing, engaging, competent, and growth-oriented individual. Your soft skills will determine your success in this position by collaborating, communicating, and taking on new challenges with enthusiasm. Come join us and drive for results in a fast-paced, dynamic, and supportive environment that builds our people and our communities by focusing on relationships. We look forward to reading your application about the impact you’re going to make.
The Project Coordinator acts like a conduit of information and at times will act as one of the main client facing contacts representing Supreme Steel. This role requires a well organized, technologically competent individual who is responsible for ensuring the Project Manager is supported in achieving project goals. In addition, the Project Coordinator will have a growth mindset with a focus on becoming expert in Construction Project Management including project controls, estimating, contract management and the steel project life cycle.
This position will be accountable and responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Administering project functions such as schedule, communications, and planning meetings;
- Coordinating internal resources and third parties/vendors for the execution of projects;
- Supporting progress measurements and billing functions;
- Assisting in capturing change management initiatives;
- Monitoring cost control measures and providing trend analysis against baseline;
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques to track and report project progress;
- Act as a secondary liaison for projects and client relationships.
Having a solid background in technical construction or steel fabrication, the successful candidate must be able to demonstrate remarkable organizational skills, along with the following attributes:
- A minimum of 2 years’ technical experience in the steel manufacturing or construction industries within Saskatchewan and Western Canada is required;
- Preference will be given to candidates who have completed a Construction Management or Project Management program, are working towards, or willing to work towards, PMP Designation;
- Exceptional computer skills, able to master various scheduling and project management software, including full proficiency in Excel;
- Solves problems and contributes new ideas that improve quality and efficiency;
- Demonstrates strong time management skills;
- Exceptional client facing and internal communication skills, written and verbal.
SUPREME STEEL has been transforming landscapes across western Canada and the United States since 1972, tackling the biggest challenges with heart, smarts and cutting edge technology. Supreme is a family company that has grown to be one of North America’s most trusted steel solution providers. We’ve done it by delivering great service and outstanding solutions—made right, on time. Because at the core of our business is genuine care for our partners, our people, and our work.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates identified for further consideration will be contacted.
Closing Date: 29/02/2024
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Karen Fallowfield at firstname.lastname@example.org