Supreme Steel LP is currently seeking a self-motivated, customer focused and highly efficient individual to join our Quality team in the position of Quality Inspector II at our Saskatoon, SK location. Reporting to the Quality Supervisor, this is a full time permanent position. The Quality Inspector is primarily responsible for implementing and verifying conformance of our company-wide Quality Management System, coordinating, and overseeing QA/QC activities, and liaising between the Quality department and internal/external customers. While fostering a culture of collaboration and accountability with peers, customers and industry partners, the Quality Inspector is responsible for ensuring the project quality plan is executed and documented in accordance with the requirements of the contract, certifying that services are provided consistently and in accordance with the highest of quality standards.
- Perform routine quality control examinations including dimensional checks of the product in accordance with contract ITP in a shop environment
- Perform welding inspection on fabricated structural steel components
- Inspection of incoming material and verifying MTRs
- Maintain shop QC records and weld maps, welder performance log
- Read and interpret blueprints and project specification
- Interface with shop personnel
- Ability to verify component placements, code compliance verification
- Compiling of Turnover documentation
- Demonstrates strong analytical/numeracy skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrates positive, can-do attitude, team player
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Must be Certified welding inspector to CSA 178.2 Level 2
- Familiar with AISC, CISC and ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems requirements; legislation, quality codes and standards.
- Minimum combination of 10 years Quality / Structural steel fabrication experience
- Must have good knowledge of Structural and Bridge Welding Code (CSA W59, W47.1, AWS D1.1, AWS D1.5)
- High school or higher education
- Journeyman Welder or Fitter experience is a plus, but not required
- General knowledge of Non-Destructive Examinations (NDE)
Supreme Group LP offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefit package and RRSP program, as well as a great learning environment and the opportunity for career advancement.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates identified for further consideration will be contacted.
Closing Date: 31/05/2023
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Tessa Nicholls at Employment@SupremeSteel.com