Supreme Steel is currently looking for a safety conscious, quality driven Shop Foremen to join the production team at our facility in Acheson, AB. This is a non-union position working on the night shift. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring safe and efficient workflow through the planning, executing and monitoring of work processes. The Foreman position requires an individual who can anticipate change, plan resources, execute work, deliver on schedule, and optimize production practices. This position demands an individual who is a skillful communicator, can guide and motivate employees, and drive safety and quality programs. Supreme is looking for a leader who will foster a positive culture and work environment and can also provide exemplary service to internal and external customers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Advises and directs unionized personnel and subcontractors, engaging them in the planning and executing of work, while interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of fabrication according to project and fabrication schedules
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to quality specifications and adheres to construction schedules
- Responsible for managing employee performance; providing training, addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Maintains a general knowledge of equipment used on the job including possessing a basic understanding of equipment limits and their designed purpose
- Completes daily reports such as fabrication status and issues, safety, quality events and manpower reporting
- Schedules and orders materials, inspections and manpower in order to meet project schedules and specification
- Schedules and records all required inspections, quality testing, or other compliance requirements
Specifically, the position requires an individual who:
- Has a journeyperson certification in a relevant trade, coupled with a demonstrated aptitude towards improvement of production techniques
- Has 7 years’ overall industry experience in a steel bridge or metal fabrication facility
- Has 5 years’ in a supervisory position, able to lead and guide production personnel to solutions
- Capacity to effectively plan and organize to meet project deadlines
- Skilled in solving practical problems and dealing with a variety of concrete variables
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Good computer / software skills, ability to learn company production scheduling databases (MRP), reporting programs (EHS Insight), and Excel
Supreme Steel offers a competitive wage and benefit package.
Successful candidates will have a valid driver’s license and will be required to pass pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing, as well as Physical Fitness to Work Mobility Testing as a condition of their employment. Please forward your cover letter and resume, in confidence, to Human Resources at email@example.com quoting competition number 2104016SSA.
Closing Date: 30/04/2021
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Tessa Nicholls at employment@SupremeSteel.com