Supreme Steel is currently looking for an experienced Yard Overhead Crane Operator to join our facility in Saskatoon, SK. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to gain knowledge quickly and have strong communication skills.
This position is responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Moving of steel materials for processing, stocking and organizing inventory.
The Yard Overhead Crane Operator candidates will possess the following preferred attributes:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience operating an overhead crane
- Must have overhead crane operating certification
- Extensive knowledge of safe handling techniques, in particular selection and use of proper material handling equipment
- Demonstrated knowledge and adherence to safety procedures
- Familiarity of all steel grades and shapes
- Overhead crane operating experience in the structural steel industry is considered an asset
This is a full-time unionized position, which may require you to work night shift.
Supreme Steel offers a competitive wage and benefit package as per the collective agreement, including yearly safety boot and glasses allowances, two extra paid statutory holidays each year and nights shift premium of $3.00/hr. Additional benefits include medical, dental, life and disability insurance benefits after 3 months. After one year of service a company sponsored self-directed RRSP program.
All employees must adhere to proper safety procedures and policies while working in a culture of care. Positions working in labour intensive or safety-sensitive environments will be required to pass pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing. Successful candidates will be required to have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record, as well as reliable transportation.
Closing Date: 30/11/2023
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at email@example.com